Call our friendly team on
O2O 8963 4510
Lines are open O8OO–
18OOh Monday to Friday
who are we?
Hammersmith Medicines Research (HMR) is a specialist clinical pharmacology unit, with 100 beds in a purpose-designed building, close to an NHS hospital. Since 1993, we’ve provided industry-leading services to pharmaceutical companies for Phase I and Phase II clinical trials.
In 2001 we set up our own laboratory, and over the last 7 years we’ve built up our range of services so that we now offer a wide variety of specialist analytical techniques. In January 2009 we moved to new premises with state-of-the-art facilities including:
- Beckman Coulter 'Power Processor' – automated sample handling system with modules for centrifuging, level sensing, de-capping, aliquoting and labelling, re-capping, sorting, and sample storage.
- Pneumatic sample transmission from ward.
- Walk-in 4°C and –20°C cold rooms.
- GLIMS – a sophisticated laboratory information management system.
- Separate laboratories for: platelet function, cell stimulation and separation, flow cytometry, and radioimmunoassay.
Our vastly increased capacity supports multicentre trials and trials done in other research units. The central laboratory is gaining a reputation in its own right.
Competitive pricing, fast communication, excellent quality standards, and on-time delivery of results, are key features of our service. We also offer investigator support specifically tailored for the pharmaceutical industry.
We have a well-established team of experienced Biomedical Scientists with Health Professional Council (HPC) registration, and who participate in the Institute of Biomedical Scientists (IBMS) continuing professional development (CPD) programme.
Other equipment includes:
- BD FACSCalibur flow cytometer
- Helena AggRAM platelet aggregometer
- Dade Behring PFA-100 platelet function analyser
- DiaMed Impact-R cone and plate analyser
- Speedvac SPD 121P concentrator and freeze dryer
- BioMAT2 class II safety cabinet
- Triturus automated ELISA analyser
- Siemens Immulite 2000 immunoassay analyser
- Beckman Coulter DxI 800 immunoassay analyser
- Beckman Coulter DxC 600 random access analyser (+ 1 backup)
- ADVIA 120 haematology analyser
- Qiagen Symphony aytomated DNA and RNA extraction
- Qiagen Rotor-Gene Q real time PCR machine
- IL ACL 9000 coagulation analyser